This scholarship requires the student to be a resident of the Bothwell Regional Health Center market area, which is about a 40-mile radius of Sedalia. They also must provide proof of acceptance into a post-secondary educational program and enrollment in a health-related field of study.
Applications are available online at brhc.org, at the Bothwell Education Center or the offices of high school guidance counselors. The deadline for submitting applications is April 4. Return the completed application along with other required documents to:
Medical Career Scholarship Program
Attention: BRHC Foundation
601 East 14th Street
Sedalia, Mo., 65301
Also, the Bothwell Regional Health Center Foundation has announced it will offer a scholarship to area nurses and nursing students. The Pat Gaunt Nursing scholarship is for those wishing to begin or advance a career in nursing or for special training.
Criteria for the scholarship includes:
• Must be seeking a degree or certification to advance or improve job performance in a nursing career.”
• May be a group or department of nurses seeking assistance to attend a nursing related conference or seminar. This includes bringing seminar speakers on-site to BRHC.
• Must be a permanent resident of Pettis or adjacent counties. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
• If seeking a new degree, applicant must have applied to an accredited school located in the U.S. and have been accepted.
• Must have a financial need.
The deadline for applications is April 18. Applications are available at www.brhc.org or by calling the Bothwell Foundation at (660) 826-6263.
The Bothwell Foundation’s scholarship endowment was created through a bequest from the estate of Patricia Gaunt, who was a registered nurse at Bothwell from 1969 until her retirement in 2001. Her bequest provides resources for other nurses to have the training they need to serve the patients they care for each day.
The recipients of the Pat Gaunt Scholarship will be announced during the Nurses Week celebration in May.