• Advanced Excel-in-a-Day will meet from 1-5 p.m. March 25 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 226A. Students who have mastered the basics in the Excel-in-a-Day course will learn workbook sharing, advanced formulas, formula analysis and array formulas, macros and forms. Cost is $55 and includes a manual, quick reference card and project list. Instructor is Vern Haynes III.
• Pruning and Caring for Woody Plants will meet from 6-9 p.m. p.m. March 25 in Potter-Ewing Agriculture Building, Room 400. Students will learn to properly select healthy trees from a nursery and how to care for them. Basic introduction on pruning tools and techniques is included. Weather permitting, the class will include hands-on demonstrations of pruning mature trees, young trees, flowering and fruit trees, as well as planting containerized, balled and burlap-bound trees. Cost is $25; instructor is Jeremy Kroeger.
• Computer Maintenance: Be Prepared will meet from 2-5 p.m. March 26 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 226A. Students will learn how to make a PC run like new by optimizing, removing old programs, checking for viruses and malware, and cleaning out temporary files and defragmenting. Several options for backing up files will be demonstrated. Students who have laptops should bring them. The class is free; instructor is Vern Haynes III.
• Windows 7: Upgrade Easily from XP will meet from 9 a.m. to noon March 27 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 226A. Students will learn about the differences in the operating system, upgrade options and free utilities that will help keep everything running smoothly. Students who have laptops should bring them. Cost is $39; instructor is Vern Haynes III.
• Basic Motorcycle Rider Course will meet March 28-30 on the Sedalia campus. The class meets from 6-10 p.m. Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The course is geared toward beginning or re-entry riders and has a list of requirements. Instructors are certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program, and the cost is $199.
The class will be offered again April 4-6, May 9-11, June 6-8, July 11-13, and Aug. 22-24.