On March 8, 2014 at approximately 5:15 a.m, Officers and Detectives with the Sedalia Police Department, along with a Deputy from the Pettis County Sheriff’s Office, arrived on scene at 310 E. Saline Street to execute a no-knock, narcotics-related search warrant.
Personnel forced entry into the residence and detained a single person inside, identified as Jack L Kaufman Jr (DOB 07/06/1959, address 310 E. Saline Street). Mr. Kaufman was detained without incident. The residence was searched by Officers and Detectives, along with a Sedalia Police Narcotics K9. The K9 alerted to the presence of narcotics in various areas of the residence.
During the course of the search, personnel located methamphetamine, marijuana, schedule two and three controlled prescription medications, drug paraphernalia and drug packaging supplies, along with $1,380.00 in cash that is believed to be profit from drug sales. Investigation revealed that Mr. Kaufman was involved in distributing methamphetamine, marijuana and controlled prescription medications from his residence. Personnel also seized five firearms that were located in the residence.
Mr. Kaufman was arrested for the following state charges:
1. Distribution of Methamphetamine within 1,000 Feet of a Park (Howsel Park) – Felony
2. Distribution of Schedule 2 and 3 Controlled Prescription Medications – Felony
3. Distribution of Marijuana – Felony
4. Possession of Methamphetamine – Felony
5. Possession of Schedule 2 and 3 Controlled Prescription Medications – Felony
6. Possession of Marijuana – Misdemeanor
7. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – Misdemeanor
8. Schedule 2 Controlled Prescription Medications in Improper Container – Misdemeanor
As of the time of this press release, Mr. Kaufman is incarcerated at the Pettis County Jail on a $100,000 bond.