101 members present
1. Chef de Gare Tony Gallagher called the meeting to order at 7:46 am. The prayer was given. By Pastor Dan Hankins in the absence of the regular chaplains. The meal was eaten. The meeting was called to order at 8:45 am. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. The prayer was given by Tony Gallagher. The POW flag was placed in the empty chair by Chef de Train Billy Neff.
2. A notion was made, seconded, to approve the financial statement and the minutes of the November meeting.
3. A notion was made, seconded, and approved to accept Larry Knowles, USAF; and Zachary Tate, US Army on active duty in Afghanistan as new members.
4. Chef de Gare Gallagher expressed a special thank you for all the members who have volunteered and given of their time and resources for various events throughout 2013. Members interested in attending a Valentine’s Day event at the Knights of Columbus Hall with a honey ham dinner and 3 hours of music, dancing and fellowship at a cost of $10 per person are asked to sign up at the next meeting. The 40&8 motor coach trip for 2014 will be May 20-21 to Offutt AFB and the Strategic Air Command Museum, NE, . Special recognition was made to our oldest voyageur, E. L. Eickhoff.
5. The next monthly Knights of Columbus dinner will be 4:30-7 pm, January 8. The monthly event will be held the 2nd Wednesday of each month during 2014. Tony Gallagher has tickets costing $7.00 each with $1.00 of that cost returning to the 40&8. Salvation Army bell ringer volunteers are needed… Interested individuals may call the SA office directly.
6. Donations of desserts and gifts for the children of the 509th Security Squadron may be delivered to the mayor’s office by Friday or will be picked up by calling the office of the mayor no later than tomorrow\
7. The pastor of Faith Baptist Church, Dan Hankins invited all members to join in viewing the movie “Last Ounce of Courage” at his church on December 21 at 10 AM. The church is located at. 2331 S. Ingram (corner of 24th St and Ingram))
8. Thirteen children from the Show-Me Christina Youth Home, accompanied by 2 adults, sang Christmas songs and presented several skits. A notion was made, seconded, and approved to donate $150.00 to the Home. A further donation of $205.00 was collected from members in attendance and an additional check for $200 was given by a member. Total: $555 plus many cases of fruits and vegetables…
9. A notion was made, seconded, and approved to close the meeting. The prayer was given. By Pastor Hankin. Tony Gallagher closed the meeting at 9:42 am. The next fellowship meeting will be Friday January 3 at 11:30 at Golden Corral and the next Voiture meeting will be at 7:45 am, January 16, 2014, at the Knights of Columbus Hall, Sedalia.