• Hoop Journeys will meet from 6:45-8:45 p.m. Mondays for four weeks beginning Jan. 6 in Fielding Technical Center Room 255. Cost is $39; instructor is Heather Hughes. Hoop dance is a form of creative movement and exercise inspired by yoga, modern dance and circus shenanigans. It strengthens the core, improves coordination, increases flexibility, and calms.
• Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday for four weeks beginning Jan. 7 in Hopkins Student Center Room 714, and from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday beginning Jan. 7 in Fielding Technical Center Room 255. Cost is $39 for each four-week session; instructor is Irene Renauld.
• Yogalates, a fusion of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning Jan. 7 in Hopkins Student Center Room 714. Cost is $39; instructor is Sue Guffin.
• The Art of Yoga for Beginners will meet from 10-11:30 a.m. Saturdays for six weeks beginning Jan. 11 in the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art. Pose modifications will be provided for students of all ages, abilities and sizes. Cost is $39; instructor is Matthew Clouse, registrar/exhibition coordinator for the Daum Museum.
Students enrolling in three or more exercise classes at the same time can receive a 15 percent discount.
• Photo Mini Fixes will meet from 6-9 p.m. for four weeks beginning Jan. 7 in Fielding Room 305. Learning Photoshop can be exhausting. In this class students can learn simple techniques to enhance photos in just a few clicks, from print resolution and removing spots to creating effects with plug-in software. Cost is $59; instructor is Mary Kindle.
• The Power of Photography will meet from 6-9 p.m. for four weeks beginning Jan. 9 in Fielding Room 305. This class is designed for nonprofit organizations or individuals advocating for change. Students will learn the fundamentals of creating a cohesive group of images for websites or printed materials. A final project will convey each student’s message in a professional manner to inspire potential donors, members or volunteers. Cost is $59; instructor is Mary Kindle.
• Workplace Computer Skills Certificate will meet from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 6-9 in Fielding Room 200. Participants can learn the skills to be computer savvy in just four days. Through hands-on learning activities, students will gain the knowledge and marketable skills to succeed in today’s workplace, including how to use the Internet and email; how to create simple documents in Word and basic spreadsheets with Excel; and how to make a presentation using PowerPoint basics. Students who successfully complete the course will receive a Workplace Computer Skills Certificate. All materials included. Cost is $349; instructor is Vern Haynes III.
For more information or to register, call (660) 530-5822, email email@example.com or go to www.sfccmo.edu/lifelonglearning. The courses are sponsored by SFCC’s office of Lifelong Learning. The college will close at noon Dec. 18 for winter break and reopen at 8 a.m. Jan. 2.