• Microsoft Word-Intermediate will meet from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday Oct. 22 in Fielding Technical Center Room 229. Students will learn to work with tables and columns and create labels, envelopes and mail merge in Word. As time allows, there will be projects at the conclusion of class. Students should be familiar with Word, or take the MS Word for Beginners before taking this class. Cost is $25; instructor is Vern Haynes III. This class will be repeated in February.
• Hanging Doors and Windows will meet from 6-9 p.m. Tuesday Oct. 22 in Fielding Technical Center Room 313. Students will learn hands-on methods for preparing a rough opening to install a window or door, as well as how to level, shim and encase doors and windows. Cost is $49; instructor is Steve Gann.
• Intermediate Country/Western Dance will meet from 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays for seven weeks beginning Oct. 22 in Hopkins Student Center Room 714. This class is designed for students familiar with the basic steps. It teaches more intermediate turns and twirls in two-step and waltz, basics of nightclub two-step and couple side-by-side dances. Students may attend alone or with a partner; however, a partner is suggested to do the turns and twirls. Smooth-soled shoes are recommended. Cost is $49; instructors will be Mary Donnell-Brown and Randall Schnakenberg.
• Intermediate Country Line Dance will meet from 7-9 p.m. Thursdays for seven weeks beginning Oct. 24 in Hopkins Student Center Room 714. Previous line dance experience is required. Dances taught will include Big Bang Boogie, Down on Beale Street, Creepin, Mambo Shuffle, So You Don’t Have to Love Me, and other current dances. Cost is $59; instructor will be Mary Donnell-Brown.
• Earth Friendly Rag Rugs will meet from 6-9 p.m. Wednesday Oct. 23 in Potter-Ewing Agriculture Building Room 400. Rag rugs made from recycled, repurposed T-shirts are a great way to use all those T-shirts your family has saved from participating in various events. A $4 materials fee is payable at the first class meeting. Class is limited to 12 students. Cost is $35; instructor is Val Larm.
• The Power of Graphics will meet from 6-9 p.m. Thursdays for six weeks beginning Oct. 24 in Fielding Technical Center Room 305. Students will learn basic graphic design tools using Photoshop and iWorks Pages to build a brand and create logos, eye-popping flyers, newsletters, posters, and banners. Cost is $79; instructor is Mary Kindle.
• Computer Maintenance: Avoid the Crash will meet from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday Oct. 29 in Fielding Technical Center Room 229. Students will learn to keep their computers running well, improve performance and even prepare for problems. Making and verifying back-ups, back-up strategies, optimization, and several free utility programs will also be discussed. Cost is $25; instructor is Vern Haynes III. This class will be repeated in February.
Some classes qualify for the Prime Time Learners 10 percent discount for adults age 60 and above.