• Ghost Hunting will meet from 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays for five weeks beginning Oct. 1 in Yeater Learning Center Room 139. Students will learn the history of ghost hunting, different types of haunting, infamous haunted locations, and equipment and techniques used in ghost hunting, as well as having question-and-answer sessions with real ghost hunters. There may be an opportunity to go on a real investigation. Cost is $59; instructor is Britt Faaborg.
• Yogalates, a fusion of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning Oct. 3 in Hopkins Student Center Room 714. Cost is $39; instructor is Sue Guffin.
• Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday for four weeks beginning Oct. 3 in Hopkins Student Center Room 714, and from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday beginning Oct. 3 in Fielding Technical Center Room 255. Cost is $39 for each four-week session; instructor is Irene Renauld.
• The Art of Yoga for Beginners will meet from 10-11:30 a.m. Saturdays for six weeks beginning Oct. 5 in the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art. Pose modifications will be provided for students of all ages, abilities and sizes. Cost is $39; instructor is Matthew Clouse, registrar/exhibition coordinator for the Daum Museum.
SFCC computer instructor Vern Haynes III will teach three computer courses in October in the Fielding Technical Center on the Sedalia campus.
• Create a Basic Budget in Excel, 6-7 p.m. Oct. 1, Fielding Room 229—Students will build a basic income and expense report that is flexible and easy to use, and learn how to use a budget to estimate and manage income and expenses. Cost is $15.
• Create a Basic PowerPoint Presentation, 7-8 p.m. Oct. 1, Fielding Room 229—Students will learn the fundamentals of how to design and create a PowerPoint presentation that can be used to teach, give information or share important life events. Cost is $15.
• Microsoft, Your Way, 1-4 p.m. Thursdays for four weeks, beginning Oct. 3, Fielding Room 200—The class is designed for people with basic computer skills who want to learn more about Microsoft Word or Excel at beginning, intermediate or advanced levels. During these self-paced classes, Haynes assists students as they complete exercises from tutorial books.
Whether students want to learn word processing or spreadsheets, they can learn at their own pace without having to wait for slower students to catch up or feeling lost because the class is going too fast.
Class size is limited. Students must know the parts of the computer, how to use the mouse, an overview of the programs installed on a computer, and have at least one year of computer experience. Cost is $99.