State Fair Community College computer instructor Vern Haynes III will teach five computer courses in July and also offers a private arranged tutoring lab on software programs. Classes will meet in Fielding Technical Center Room 229 on the Sedalia campus.
• Mail Merge, 6-7 p.m. July 2—Participants will learn how to create a letter for each recipient on an address list using Microsoft Word. It will contain the same letter body but will be addressed individually to each recipient. Cost is $15.
• Create a Simple Database using Access, 7-8 p.m. July 2—Participants will learn how to make a home inventory database to help keep track of personal belongings for tax or insurance purposes. Cost is $15
• Microsoft, Your Way, 6-9 p.m., July 8—Participants with basic computer skills can increase their Microsoft Word and Excel skills with this self-paced session with an instructor to provide guidance and answer questions. Cost is $99 for session and course materials.
• Get Organized with a Digital Calendar, 6-7 p.m. July 9—Participants will learn to use Mozilla Sunbird, Mozilla Thunderbird and the Lightning calendar add-on, plus two stand-alone calendars that can be used in a variety of ways. Cost is $15.
• Use Publisher to Create an Advertising Sign, 7-8 p.m. July 9—Participants will learn to create a basic ad layout, adding graphics, photos and art. The class project will be a flyer or for-sale sign. Cost is $15.
• At Your Service! Private Tutoring—This arranged lab with instructor Haynes provides three hours of one-on-one instruction that includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, and the Internet. Cost is $149.