Members present: 110
1. Tony Gallagher called the mealtime to order at 7:47 am. The prayer was given. The meal was eaten. The meeting was called to order at 8:26 am. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. The POW/MIA flag was placed on the chair. The prayer was given.
2. A notion was made, seconded, and approved to approve the minutes from the previous meeting as written. The financial statement was read and approved. Don Barbour will order 50 Americanism 2013 pins to be sold for $3 each. INFO
3. Annual dues of $19 are now payable. The dues of $18 for the dames are also payable. OPEN
4. A notion was made, seconded, and approved to accept Allen Sims, USAF (Ret); Craig and Regina Eufinger, USAF; and Charles Putfark, USA as new members. CLOSED
5. The Bilbrucks provided a report for the Veterans Home. Jim Gaertner presented the Honor Flight report. The October 2, 2012 flight was a huge success. Jim has been honored with the post of VA Volunteer Service coordinator for Voiture 333. Bill Neff provided a boxcar report. INFO
6. Tony Gallagher will be presented a Veterans Service Award by Lt Gov Peter Kinder at the Courthouse at 3:30 p.m. Oct. 18. INFO
7. Veterans’ stories are still being solicited for the Sedalia Democrat. Salvation Army bell-ringing will be Nov 17-Dec 24, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday in one-hour shifts. Volunteers are needed. INFO
8. The Veterans Day Parade will be on November 10. Entries for that parade are being accepted. INFO
9. Altrusa International which provided two $500 State Fair Community College scholarships this year is selling Christmas wreaths. INFO
10. Chris Stewart, Katy Trail Community Health Director described the mission and organization of the clinics. Medical and dental services are provided with discounted fees. INFO
11. A nomination is being prepared requesting Tony Gallagher be selected as National Voyageur of the Year. INFO
12. Remember to vote on Nov. 6. INFO
13. JROTC will sponsor a breakfast for veterans November 9, 8:30 am at the Smith Cotton High School cafeteria. Golden Corral will offer a free meal to veterans from 4-7 pm November 12. INFO
14. To close the meeting, Tony Gallagher led the members in reciting the 40&8 pledge. The prayer was given. The POW/MIA flag cover was removed. Chef de Gare Gallagher closed the meeting at 9:25 am. The next fellowship meeting will be Friday November 2 at 11:30 at Golden Coral and the next Voiture meeting will be at 7:45 am, November 15, 2012, at the VFW Hall, Sedalia, MO.
Chef de Train Chris Smith will be arranging tours to Whiteman AFB. Approximately 15 can be taken in each trip. INFO